My photo
I'm just a fan. A new fan. I'm restless, always looking for something new to see, learn and do. My lastest thing is NASCAR. It Happened when I drove a "Richard Petty Experience" car during the week of the 50th running of the Daytona 500.


Followers

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Thursday, November 20, 2008

...with "Turkey" dishtowels in hand

I was at the mall the other day, the "US" type (upscale), I always park in front of the entrance to Crate&Barrel that way I can check out one of my favorite stores, twice!

It was on my way back through...there they were, in the window display, my Turkey Dishtowels with a "sale" sign under them reading $6.95 for 2!

They spoke to me. Have you ever had something in a store speak to you? Well, I have, and they did! I walked in that store and went straight over to the window display, got my set of "Turkey" dishtowels, turned on my heels to leave and noticed people looking at the display from the outside, for just a split second I thought... "that's right, I designed this window display and not just the display...the "Turkey" dishtowels too!"



The attraction for me wasn't just the "Turkey"or even the earthy colors of the towels (which I love earth tones), it was the print itself that made me have to have them. The print looked like a gorgeous illustration drawn by the likes of Charley Harper. He calls his style "minimal realism".

I was so excited I bought another set of towels for my new daughter-in-law. I tried to get a couple of closeup views to show just how detailed they are.


Now, you know I'll never use them!

No comments: