My photo
I'm just a fan. A new fan. I'm restless, always looking for something new to see, learn and do. My lastest thing is NASCAR. It Happened when I drove a "Richard Petty Experience" car during the week of the 50th running of the Daytona 500.


Followers

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Thursday, November 27, 2008

What I'm thankful for on this Thanksgiving...


...to have been able to eat off these dishes from Thanksgivings past.
These were the dishes we would use at both Thanksgiving and Christmas for many years of my life. My mom bought them from her local grocery store a few pieces at a time over 35 years ago.
The tradition was the same, Dad would get them down from the attic each holiday, wash and dry each piece by hand (Dad didn't believe in dishwashers; well he kinda did, us!) But this chore was his and his alone.
My mother passed away in 2000, the rest of my family is out West and up North, but these wonderful dishes are down South with me.
So, to all my family and friends, Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: